This series on Cutting-edge of Complex Breast Reconstruction is edited by Dr. Dung Nguyen, MD, PharmD, from Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA, USA.
Dung Nguyen, MD, PharmD
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Dr. Dung H Nguyen is a Board-Certified plastic surgeon and Clinical Associate Professor in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Stanford University where she serves as Director of Breast Reconstruction at the Stanford Women’s Cancer Center, Director of Adult Plastics Clinic at Stanford Healthcare, and Associated Director of Microsurgery. She earned a Pharm.D. degree from U.C.S.F. School of Pharmacy and a M.D. degree from U.C.S.D. She then completed a residency in general surgery and a residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Southern California (USC) Medical Center. She further completed a fellowship in microsurgery from Chang Gung Memorial Hospital in Taiwan, one of the largest reconstructive surgery centers in the world. Dr. Nguyen’s clinical practice and research are specialized in aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery, lymphedema surgery and complex reconstruction involving microsurgery and supermicrosurgery. She has published numerous articles in peer review journals, presented at national and international professional meetings and has authored book chapters in various plastic surgery textbooks.
- Omental free flap with fat graft and ADM
- Hybrid reconstruction (flap and implant)
- Stacked flaps, split flap
- Protecting nipple perfusion by devascularization the surgical delay
- Deepithelialized skin reduction
- Staged breast reconstruction before nipple sparing mastectomy with reconstruction
- Targeted nipple innervation
- Flap innervation
- Sensory reinnervation after mastectomy with implant-based reconstruction
- Barcelona cocktail: Flap, VLNT, LVA
- Robotic supermicrosurgery for breast cancer lymphedema
The series “Cutting-edge of Complex Breast Reconstruction” was commissioned by the editorial office, Annals of Breast Surgery without any sponsorship or funding. Dr. Dung Nguyen is serving as the unpaid Guest Editor for the series.